1. Whisk together 3 eggs per person plus a tablespoon of milk and teaspoon of water (also per person, so 2 people = 6 eggs, 2 tbsp milk, 2 tsp water. Add a pinch of salt.
2. Heat a non-stick pan and melt a pat of butter until it’s lightly bubbling.
3. Pour in eggs and use a spatula to immediately scrape the eggs that have stuck to the bottom. This happens almost instantly, if it hasn’t happened, your pan is not warm enough (turn it up.)
4. Use X’s and O’s to slowly keep gathering up the eggs that stick to the bottom – dragging the spatula across the pan from side to side (X) and around the perimeter (O).
5. When you have a few ‘piles’ of under cooked fluffy eggs, turn heat down to low.
6. Gently flip over piles so that undercooked surfaces get some heat, but not too much. At this point, the eggs almost cook themselves.
7. When no runny spots remain, season with finishing salt [and pepper if you like] and serve.
The eggs should look like miniature clouds and should be able to jiggle like jello. Now, I know scrambled eggs are not finger food generally, but when they turn out like cupcakes, why not?