BABY GREEN FRIED RICE
– 1 small bunch curly or flat kale (we used flat) or spinach – diced very finely.
– Two eggs
– 1 medium onion (diced small)
– 1.5 cups cooked, cooled brown rice (can be done the day before if you want a 20 minute weeknight meal)
– 2 cloves garlic (grated or pressed)
What to do:
1. Fry garlic and onion on medium heat in a heated, oiled, non-stick pan. Allow them to lightly brown.
2. Add 2 eggs into pan and scramble “in situ” – right there in the pan, all around the onions.
3. Add cooked, cooled brown rice (I got the cool part from chinese fried rice recipe – it helps with texture)
4. continue to mix together on medium to high heat until the rice is sizzling. Add a dash of tamari and a teaspoon of rice vinegar (or other favourite seasonings).
5. Add chopped greens to pan, mix all together, reduce heat and cover for 5 minutes.
Ready to eat – enjoy!